O's offer vouchers to Saturday's ticket buyers - Monday AND Tuesday Games PPD

Creamsicle

"The Orioles are expected to reach out on Monday to fans who bought tickets online to Saturday?s game against the Red Sox and give them a voucher for a future game.

With protests in the area for Freddie Gray, the O?s crowd was significantly smaller than expected as many stayed away from downtown Baltimore. Those who were in attendance were mandated to stay inside Camden Yards by the city?s police department and mayor?s office for part of the game and advised of the safest routes to get home.

Those who bought Saturday tickets at the box office will get more information later the week on how to go about getting a voucher."

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some wild rumors of extreme violence in Baltimore right now. Does anyone think that games could be postponed as a result? Baseball is small potatoes compared to what's happening there right now, so I'd think that the safety of everyone involved would be the top priority.

There are some wild rumors of extreme violence in Baltimore right now. Does anyone think that games could be postponed as a result? Baseball is small potatoes compared to what's happening there right now, so I'd think that the safety of everyone involved would be the top priority.

Not really rumors.

The police claim they have creditable information that several gangs have join together to take out law enforcement people.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2015/04/27/gangs-team-up-to-take-out-officers-in-baltimore-say-police/26453061/

Not really rumors.

The police claim they have creditable information that several gangs have join together to take out law enforcement people.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2015/04/27/gangs-team-up-to-take-out-officers-in-baltimore-say-police/26453061/

Pretty frightening stuff. If you're in town right now, be safe. It's a sad state of affairs to say the least.

John Angelos speaks and defends protestors:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/orioles-john-angelos-baltimore-protests-mlb

I never thought I would ever agree with an Angelos...some wise words spoken here. Some far left-leaning economic viewpoints, but not something that is terribly inaccurate.

The protests were largely peaceful before things broke out with younger, more violent youth grabbing the headline. I repeat, most of these protests during the day were peaceful.

We all value the job the police do. We all have friends that are officers. I have some very close friends that are officers. That doesn't mean things can't and shouldn't improve. Petty crime and drug addiction doesn't justify death here or anywhere in this country. At the same time, the police have a very dangerous job to do and must not be the targets.

Cameras on officers not only protect the people, but the officers and department from unjustified lawsuits.

Things will improve, they must.

I also defend the right to protest but the people that got into fights with Oriole and Red Sox fans and tried to steal purses from patrons where not there to protest.

Hard to argue with that. Those individuals were uneducated individuals with little in the way of role models ever in their lives. Sad. Very sad.

Hard to argue with that. Those individuals were uneducated individuals with little in the way of role models ever in their lives. Sad. Very sad.

Let's stay away for the politics of the situation. I appreciate that the Orioles take it all seriously.

Any idea if they are going to offer something or postpone tonight's game in light of this?

Staying away from politics just wanted anyone going to the game tonight or thinking of it to be aware.

Also this from the Sun:

e University of Maryland Baltimore, citing concerns about potentially violent activity in the area, abruptly closed its downtown campus Monday.

It was one of several Baltimore businesses, including Mondawmin Mall, T. Rowe Price and Lexington Market, that closed early Monday.

In a statement, UMB cited "scheduled activities today beginning at 3 p.m."

According to widely circulated flier, a high school "purge" was to take place at 3 p.m., starting at Mondawmin and ending downtown.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bal-university-of-baltimore-closes-amid-high-school-purge-threat-20150427-story.html?liveblog

Let's stay away for the politics of the situation. I appreciate that the Orioles take it all seriously.

No problem sir. I remember last year (I think it was), a game getting rained out at Norfolk. We decided not to drive down (3+ hours) to see the games. The Tides would not refund or offer a credit. I contacted the Orioles and they offered me a free set of tickets for our troubles. The customer service of the Orioles has grown leaps and bounds since Buck arrived. I am very thankful for that.

Staying away from politics just wanted anyone going to the game tonight or thinking of it to be aware.

Also this from the Sun:

e University of Maryland Baltimore, citing concerns about potentially violent activity in the area, abruptly closed its downtown campus Monday.

It was one of several Baltimore businesses, including Mondawmin Mall, T. Rowe Price and Lexington Market, that closed early Monday.

In a statement, UMB cited "scheduled activities today beginning at 3 p.m."

According to widely circulated flier, a high school "purge" was to take place at 3 p.m., starting at Mondawmin and ending downtown.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bal-university-of-baltimore-closes-amid-high-school-purge-threat-20150427-story.html?liveblog

I appreciate that you are.

Archived